A well-established CPA firm is immediately seeking an ambitious and talented Tax Accountant to join their team in California for tax preparation and accounting functions. This person will be responsible for tax compliance, accounting, and planning for individual and business clients
- Examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports.
- Preparing tax projections for individuals and entities.
- Prepare paperless work papers for individuals and the various business entity types as part of the tax preparation process.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals and all business entity types.
- Keep abreast of current developments in tax law while maintaining the required level of technical knowledge.
- Perform technical research as a component of the tax preparation process and as a special project.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Respond to IRS and state taxing authority inquiries.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting including individual and business entity tax return preparation and small business financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Software (UltraTax, FileCabinet, Practice) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA license obtained or in progress.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.