An industry-leading company located in Irvine is seeking the expertise of an experienced Tax Associate to join their team.
In this role, the Tax Associate will be responsible to perform intermediate-level accounting functions related to both accounting/audit and tax specifications. A key focus area for this position will entail recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual work papers, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review.
- Complete assigned tasks/jobs.
- Learn the growth process (identify and communicate growth).
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, and non-routine items.
- Collaborate and communicate with clients and team members in a professional manner.
- Actively sit and pass the CPA examination.
- Works with the tax team to prepare and learn to review tax returns.
- Provides standard client service accounting functions.
- Provides timely, high-quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Books journal entries.
- Assist tax department with tax return preparation.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Directs and/or prepares 1099’s, W2’s, and Payroll Tax Reports.
- Recognizes and informs senior management of opportunities to increase the level and types of services to clients.
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area and promote these activities to clients when appropriate.
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related field required.
- CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational 150 credit requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- Prior experience using Tax systems and software, CCH ProSystems Fx, Axcess Tax, Engagement, BNA, etc.
- 0-1 years of experience in public accounting required.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external).
- Creative problem-solving and research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks, and simultaneous projects.
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.