Tax Controversy – Cleveland, OH
A client of ours is seeking a Senior Tax Controversy to join their team in Cleveland, Ohio.
As the Senior Tax Associate in Tax Controversy, you’ll be responsible for handling tax controversy-related issues and providing guidance to clients. You will represent clients in dealings with the IRS and other federal/state tax agencies. The right candidate will possess strong knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and compliance procedures.
- Proactively preventing, managing and resolving tax disputes to reduce the risk of unnecessary controversy and related compliance costs.
- Litigation assistance and coordination: assist with a strategy for litigation and work with outside counsel on legal issues.
– Audit management: draft IDR responses, assist with IRS interviews and site visits, and research legal positions.
– FOIA: draft and review FOIA requests and productions.
– Appeals preparation and management: draft protests, plan for and participate in appeals conferences.
– Tax compliance: assist in the preparation of tax planning.
– Appraisal review: review draft and final appraisals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- JD and/or CPA required.
- Previous Tax Controversy experience required.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Finance team LinkedIn or contact them at +1 480 604 8049
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.