Traffic Engineer – Columbus, OH
An industry-leading client of ours is looking for the expertise of an experienced Traffic Engineer to join their team.
- Assisting with traffic analysis
- Designing of transportation projects.
- Design signing, pavement markings, traffic control signals, ITS devices, temporary traffic control devices and lighting.
- Completing traffic engineering studies, traffic analyses and modeling, and traffic management plans (TMP).
- Evaluating traffic operations, signal timing, signal phasing, coordination, safety, congestion, bicycle and pedestrian needs for intersections and corridors.
- Assisting with the development of preliminary design through construction documents, cost estimates and specifications development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Traffic or Transportation Engineering.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
- Ability to work closely with people
- Ability to analyze complex traffic issues and alternates and prepare cogent recommendations.
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signing, pavement markings, traffic control signals, ITS devices, temporary traffic control devices and lighting.
- Familiarity with ODOT, AASHTO, MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, Highway Safety Manual and ADA design standards.
- Basic understanding of traffic modeling.
- Working knowledge of traffic modeling software including as Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM and HCS.
- Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is required.
- Experience working on traffic engineering projects for Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and/or the City of Columbus is a plus.
Some benefits include:
- Dental, Vision and Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401k savings
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.