Traffic Engineer – Columbus, OH
An industry-leading client of ours is looking for the expertise of an experienced Traffic Engineer to join their team.
- Assisting with traffic analysis
- Designing of transportation projects.
- Design signing, pavement markings, traffic control signals, ITS devices, temporary traffic control devices and lighting.
- Completing traffic engineering studies, traffic analyses and modeling, and traffic management plans (TMP).
- Evaluating traffic operations, signal timing, signal phasing, coordination, safety, congestion, bicycle and pedestrian needs for intersections and corridors.
- Assisting with the development of preliminary design through construction documents, cost estimates and specifications development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Traffic or Transportation Engineering.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
- Ability to work closely with people
- Ability to analyze complex traffic issues and alternates and prepare cogent recommendations.
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signing, pavement markings, traffic control signals, ITS devices, temporary traffic control devices and lighting.
- Familiarity with ODOT, AASHTO, MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, Highway Safety Manual and ADA design standards.
- Basic understanding of traffic modeling.
- Working knowledge of traffic modeling software including as Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM and HCS.
- Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is required.
- Experience working on traffic engineering projects for Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and/or the City of Columbus is a plus.
Some benefits include:
- Dental, Vision and Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401k savings
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.