Senior Geotechnical Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Washington, DC is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team.
- Candidate will serve as a Supervising Geotechnical Engineer. Major focus areas for the role include:
- Manage, execute, and provide technical support, in a team setting and on a variety of challenging geotechnical and interdisciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Responsibilities may include managing and preparing for geotechnical and geologic field investigations, reviewing field investigation boring logs, evaluating instrumentation and monitoring data, assigning project-specific soil and rock laboratory testing, conducting engineering analyses and design specific to soil and rock mechanics, foundation design, fill placement/ground modification, seepage evaluations, slope stability analyses, and seismic analyses, as well as performing value engineering (VE) and forensic studies.
- Preparation and review of geotechnical engineering reports, technical documents, and presentations, for a variety of applications, projects, and clients.
- Communicate with clients and regulators, establish goals and objectives for project teams, and schedule and coordinate resources, to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the quality expectations of the client.
- Serve as a direct supervisor – Oversee, develop, and mentor geotechnical engineering staff.
- Participate in the development of a cohesive, positive culture for our office and company-wide to cultivate a best-in-class environment that allows our people to realize their full potential.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Geotechnical and/or Civil Engineering, or related fields.
- 15+ years of experience in the geotechnical engineering field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or ability to become registered within 6 months.
- Extensive geotechnical background, including a strong fundamental knowledge of principles of geotechnical and geostructural engineering, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and groundwater hydrology.
- Relevant geotechnical expertise with dams and water impounding structures, cofferdams, and other hydraulic structures, including but not limited to seepage, static and seismic stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, deformation analysis, and foundation and settlement analysis.
- Strong technical background using various geotechnical and computer-aided design software, such as Geostudio, Rocscience, gINT, CWALSHT, PYWall, LPILE, GROUP, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D. Numerical modeling using programs such as PLAXIS and FLAC are a plus.
- Organized, self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial and team spirit.
- Excellent English technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to occasionally travel to project sites, both local and remote, and be able to lift heavy loads (up to 25 pounds).
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.