Water Resources and Environmental
An industry-leading company located in Columbia, Maryland is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Department Director – Water Resources and Environmental Department to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for all aspects of project development and engineering including all staff, engineers, managers, etc. within the applicable department. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with company established policies and objectives.
- Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output.
- Develop major goals to support broad functional objectives and approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental and company-wide functionality with applications to business development.
- Department Directors are also responsible for generating and implementing company business plans by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in different regional markets or clientele.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- BSCE in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
- Fifteen (15) years of design and management experience in appropriate discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in applicable jurisdiction (or ability to apply for reciprocity)
- Experience in review and analysis of technical reports and project budgeting
- Experience working on DOT/DPW projects for state, county, city, or local municipalities.
- Prior design experience in appropriate discipline with a proficient understanding of other disciplines
- Knowledgeable of regional marketing and business development activities
- Ability to manage staff, review and track project billings, and general office operations
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and technical experience applying engineering design principles
- Ability to work well within a project team by building relationships and teamwork
- High-level of integrity, ethics, quality service, and safety
- Maintain a positive rapport with supervisors, senior staff, marketing, and other employees
- Ability to perform in a marketing/business development role
- Prepare and present technical proposal information and presentations
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Develop and implement business plans
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.