Water/Wastewater Project Manager
An industry-leading company located in Hickory, NC is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Water/Wastewater Project Manager to join their team.
The Water/Wastewater Project Manager will assist the Senior Project Manager in developing and maintaining client relationships, project budgets and schedules and assist in maintaining the technical and financial performance of the team’s projects that come under the Project Manager’s direct charge and control.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Consistently meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication of information to and from clients, the Senior Project Manager, and firm staff.
- Participate in appropriate area and regional conferences and organizations including handling presentations and the pursuit of leadership positions within applicable organizations.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added work products by monitoring and improving the document delivery process; identifying and implementing ideas that save the client time and money or that effectively solve potential problems/opportunities; reviewing interim work products/submittals and providing needed feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and value; and mentoring firm team members.
- Ensure timely document delivery by monitoring/adjusting schedules; communicating with SPM, client and project team members; requesting and managing the needed resources; and completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule.
- Increase the flow of new work by finding expanded/new work opportunities with existing clients; assist SPM and marketing staff in finding opportunities to serve new clients; and assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Deliver profitable projects by preparing and maintaining Project Schedules and Budgets; monitoring and acting quickly to address budget deviations (hours/$) and additional service opportunities; maintaining continuous open communication among client and firm team members, and using available technology appropriately.
- Develop firm staff through on-the-job training and regular use of project reviews and staff progression discussions with the Senior Project Manager.
- Accept responsibility for giving, seeking, and acting on feedback needed: for personal career development and peak professional performance; keep Senior Project Manager apprised of project status and needs; resolve project-related technical problems, and assist the Senior Project Manager with project-related personnel issues.
- 6+ years of experience with the technical design of municipal water wastewater projects.
- AutoCAD – Civil 3D experience required.
- Proficiency in commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- North Carolina PE licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.